Week of January 19, Ohioans age 80 and older will begin to receive the vaccine.
Week of Jan. 25, Ohioans age 75 and older can get vaccinated; those with severe congenital or developmental disorders.
Week of Feb. 1, Ohioans age 70 and older and employees of K-12 schools.
Week of Feb. 8, Ohioans age 65 and older
County Health Departments
To ensure the health and safety of our consumers and staff, DHEO is taking the following preventative actions:
At the directive of the Ohio Department of Aging and Ohio Department of Medicaid we will continue to perform our screening, assessment and case management duties. Most visits will be conducted telephonically and face to face visits will be made on a limited case by case basis.
We are asking that visits to the main office by community members be limited and that if there are emergent situations that require an in-person visit to the office, that prior contact be made via phone to schedule a time to meet.
All speaking engagements have been cancelled.
Direction Home of Eastern Ohio is committed to the health and safety of the aging and disabled community and will continue to monitor the situation to allow for return to normal practice as soon as possible.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; dry hands with a clean towel or air dry hands.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Clean “high-touch” surfaces daily. These include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, desks, and tablets.